Maddie Ziegler Recalls Her Worst Audition & Explains Where It Went Wrong

Maddie Ziegler Recalls Her Worst Audition & Explains Where It Went Wrong

Maddie Ziegler has been a star since she was a child, and that means she’s gone on a lot of auditions.

While participating in EW’s Breaking Big panel at the 2023 SCAD Savannah Film Festival, the 21-year-old actress and dancer was asked to describe the audition that she remembered as being her worst.

The one that came to mind was “not terrible,” but she explained that it involved a “very scary casting director” and an audition that happened while she was balancing her acting projects with dancing with Sia.

Keep reading to find out more…

Maddie explained that she went on the audition after two nights of performing with Sia at the Hollywood Bowl.

No matter how prepared she felt, the casting director threw her off her game by mentioning that she’d seen her onstage at one of the concerts. She told Maddie “I actually just watched you perform at the Hollywood Bowl last night, so don’t mess it up,” via EW.

“My mind went blank because I just was so intimidated and I was 14 and I was so nervous, and within that moment, I literally lost everything,” she recalled. “I didn’t have my pages in hand and I was just staring at her with nothing. I was like, ‘I am so sorry.’ And then she handed me lines and I was so embarrassed in that moment.’”

She said that it was “a little intimidating” but also opined that it was something that was somewhat common in the industry.

“I think a lot of people in the industry sometimes purposely try and mess with you to see if you can still be on and ready. And in that moment, I totally crumbled. It wasn’t great,” she concluded.

If you missed it, earlier this summer Maddie was involved in a very special project for her sister, Kenzie. She also revealed something that her mom apologized to her for.


Mag-post ng isang Komento

0 Mga Komento