Dove Cameron Was Told She Wasn't Funny & 'Off-Putting' for Disney Before Booking 'Liv & Maddie'

Dove Cameron Was Told She Wasn't Funny & 'Off-Putting' for Disney Before Booking 'Liv & Maddie'

Dove Cameron is opening up about her first auditions for Disney Channel!

The 28-year-old singer and actress, of course, starred in multiple projects on the network, but she almost didn’t make it.

In a new interview with Cosmopolitan, Dove revealed what a casting director told her agent after auditioning for a couple of Disney pilots.

Keep reading to find out…

“By the time I was living in L.A. and auditioning for things, there were just so few roles for kids that age,” Dove told the mag for her digital cover story. “So I ended up going out for a couple of Disney pilots before one of the casting directors called my agent, and was like, ‘First of all, she’s not funny. Second of all, she’s got this kind of dark edge that is really off-putting and it’s never going to work for Disney.’”

“It’s not that I was crazy edgy or anything, but I didn’t really fit. And now, I think there’s a very strong idea of who I am, and I feel very passive in terms of being an editor of that,” she continued. “But I didn’t understand when I was a kid that there was no revisiting your first introduction to the public. And I had no idea who I was or what I was doing. And so I didn’t realize how strongly they felt about who they thought I was until I stepped back and I was like, ‘I don’t even know where to begin to rectify this because it was so far off.’”

In that same interview, Dove talked about meeting her boyfriend Damiano David, going public with their relationship, and still honoring her queerness. Check out what she said on Just Jared!

Dove has been open about her Disney past throughout the years. Last fall, she shared what it was like being on the network before discovering who she really is. See what she said!

While working with Disney, she, of course, starred in the Descendants trilogy, as well as playing twins in Liv and Maddie, voiced Ghost-Spider/Gwen Stacy on Disney XD’s Marvel Rising: Initiation and Ultimate Spider-Man, lent her voice to an episode of Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures, guest starred on Austin & Ally and starred in the DCOM Cloud 9.

Just recently, Dove reunited with some of her fellow Disney Channel alums and Descendants co-stars for the Cameron Boyce Foundation’s annual Cam For a Cause Gala.


Mag-post ng isang Komento

0 Mga Komento