Jenna Ortega Opens Up About Changing Lines On Set & Doesn't Want to Be Known Just For 'Wednesday'

Jenna Ortega Opens Up About Changing Lines On Set & Doesn't Want to Be Known Just For 'Wednesday'

Jenna Ortega has been acting for years now, with an array of roles, but Wednesday has brought a whole new level of attention to her career.

In a new interview, the 20-year-old actress opened up about changing lines in the script, not having the proudest moment while filming and how she doesn’t want to be known for just this role.

Keep reading to see what she said…

While appearing on Dax Shepard‘s Armchair Expert podcast, Jenna admit she would constantly change lines on set, becoming “unprofessional.”

“There was times on that set where I even became almost unprofessional in a sense, where I just started changing lines. The script supervisor thought that, like, I was going with something, and then I would have to sit down with the writers, and they would be like, ‘Wait, what happened to the scene?’ And I would have to go through and explain why I couldn’t do certain things,” Jenna said.

She even revealed that her iconic dance scene, which she choreographed herself and filmed while sick, was originally supposed to be a flash mob, but she vetoed that.

“She was supposed to start dancing, and everyone was supposed to pick up on it and start dancing with her. And that I vetoed, because why would she be okay with that?” she shared. “I said, ‘Either cut it or have Wednesday knock someone out, and then it’s done.’”

She later admitted that “there was not a scene in that show that I went home and was like, ‘okay, that should be fine,’” she said.

Now that the first season has been such a big and success, she does worry about being known for just this, even though she’s been working for a decade.

“Now a lot of people know me from that. It’s not my proudest moment internally, which, I think, also adds an extra level of insecurity and stress,” Jenna said. “Because it’s like, no, I’m finally getting these offers to these places that I want, but I don’t want to be known specifically for that.”

If you missed it, Jenna also recently shared that she cried hysterically during filming on season one.


Mag-post ng isang Komento

0 Mga Komento