Kit Connor Says Filming 'Heartstopper' Season 2 In Paris Was a 'Rollercoaster'

Kit Connor Says Filming 'Heartstopper' Season 2 In Paris Was a 'Rollercoaster'

Kit Connor is dishing on filming the new season of Heartstopper!

In the new episodes, the group heads to Paris for an end of term trip, though it was still a very much school-related trip.

Pre strike, Kit opened up about what it was like to film in the City of Love, leaving their usual locations, and he also talked about speaking French. On the show, his character’s father is from France and speaks mostly French, so Nick has been speaking it his whole life. Kit, on the other hand, not so much.

See what he said inside…

“It was a wild, wild ride. We spent a week in Paris and it was just a rollercoaster. It was pretty hectic and pretty intense. We were all living in this hotel for the week and we had our base in the hotel as well. You’d wake up and take one step and then you’re suddenly in hair and makeup,” Kit said about filming in Paris.

“But it was also really extraordinary. The scenes we had in Paris are really gorgeous and it was a lot of fun to do them,” he continued. “We as a cast are just the best friends. We’re like a little family and we get on so well, so we were able to explore Paris in our time off and really have fun with the scenes when we were working.

“There was one morning where everyone was a little bit exhausted. Then I suddenly found myself on the top of the Sacré Coeur,” Kit added. “I was watching the sunrise and it was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in my life. That was the moment where I had to pinch myself. We were shooting in Paris, in these beautiful places. There was something really special about it.”

What was it like speaking French? He noted that he told producers during auditions that he spoke a little “here and there.”

“There wasn’t that much French to speak in this season, but it was a lot for me. We had this French teacher who was really lovely, but also a little bit scary, I think because I was so bad at French. We focused on trying to make me sound like I knew how to speak French as much as possible. Just seeing how far we could go with that,” Kit said.

“I think I did all right. I think it’s one of those things where if you’re not French or if you’re not fluent in French, I think it would pass you by. But I think French people will see it and be like, ‘Aw, he’s trying,’” he shared.

In case you missed it, find out everything you need to now about season two, including all of the new characters and more!

Recently, Kit‘s on-screen mother Olivia Colman gushed about his acting in the show, and what he’s like as a person.


Mag-post ng isang Komento

0 Mga Komento