Daniel Radcliffe Says He's Not Looking Out for a Role in 'Harry Potter' TV Series

Daniel Radcliffe Says He's Not Looking Out for a Role in 'Harry Potter' TV Series

Daniel Radcliffe doesn’t really have any interest in the upcoming Harry Potter television series that’s in the works.

If you missed it, streaming service Max announced that they are adapting the Harry Potter book series into a TV series, with each season focusing on one book.

In a new interview, Daniel spoke out about the series and his understandably lack of wanting to be involved.

Check out what he said inside…

“My understanding is that they’re trying to very much start fresh and I’m sure whoever is making them will want to make their own mark on it and probably not want to have to figure out how to get old Harry to cameo in this somewhere,” Daniel shared with ComicBook.com. “So I’m definitely not seeking it out in any way. But I do wish them, obviously, all the luck in the world and I’m very excited to have that torch passed. But I don’t think it needs me to physically pass it.”

In another interview with Access Hollywood, Daniel shared that he is looking forward to see a new fresh take on the source material.

“I think it’s very much like they’re going for a new series,” he said. “There would be somebody else playing Harry. So I think it would be very weird for me to show up.”

Daniel added, “I’m very excited to see what other people do with it. The comparison I’ve made is to a story like Sherlock Holmes. I think the Potter series of books was always gonna be bigger than one interpretation or one franchise, so it’ll be cool to see the torch get passed on.”

Last year, Daniel opened up about having no interest in reprising Harry Potter for a “Cursed Child” adaptation.

If you missed it, this Harry Potter star almost quit the franchise before the fifth movie.


Mag-post ng isang Komento

0 Mga Komento