Lindsey Shaw Recalls Getting Fired From 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 5 Amid Body & Drug Use Issues

Lindsey Shaw Recalls Getting Fired From 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 5 Amid Body & Drug Use Issues

Lindsey Shaw emotionally opens up about being let go from Pretty Little Liars during the show’s fifth season.

The actress portrayed Paige McCullers on the hit series since the first season, and was eventually brought back in the final, seventh season.

During the latest episode of the Ned’s Declassified Podcast Survival Guide, Lindsey got candid about her relationship with food and drug use that led to her firing on the show.

Keep reading to see what she said…

“When I had my drug problem and I was in between working on stuff, you know, I would never have to address my relationship with food because I was always like, ‘Oh, I could always just go get more Adderall.’ Do you know what I mean? And be okay with it,” Lindsey shared. “So it was really hard, and I especially, I got basically let go from Pretty Little Liars in season five because of the weight that I had lost, and it was really an embarrassing thing.”

“I didn’t look good too skinny and then, you know, then when I started to put the weight back on, I couldn’t handle it being too heavy, so it kind of played into this dumb cycle. Whereas now, you know, it’s you are, you look like what you look like, you know what I mean?” she continued.

Lindsey did share that she got called into I Marlene King‘s office, and the letting go was handled with care and she was even offered assistance in finding help.

“I got called into the Pretty Little Liars creator’s office, and she was just like, ‘So, we’re gonna let you go.’ She’s like, ‘It’s not because your acting,’ she’s like, ‘But do you have anybody to talk to?’ And I was like, ‘Um, no.’ And she’s like, ‘We’ll find somebody, and we have to let you go for now,’” Lindsey said.

“It was really sweet because they brought me back in season seven, and it was like, it was so lovely of that writing team to see that relationship and that character out, but um, I was, that was rough.”

Check out the full podcast episode to see their conversation about body image issues and more…


Mag-post ng isang Komento

0 Mga Komento