Malachi Barton is launching a music career!
The 19-year-old Camp Rock 3 and Zombies star just released his debut single, “Stay for the Credits,” on Friday (August 29).
“Being able to have something that I have controlled from the ground up and being able to fully be a part of the creative process has been really cool. It’s my own thing,” he told Billboard of the song, co-written and produced by Aaron Shadrow.
“I don’t have to [make music]. I just get to do it carefreely and just [have] no pressure and no strings attached, which has been great. It’s allowed me to thrive during the creative process.”
What inspired “Stay for the Credits”?
“People [are] judging you based off of what they see online and not taking the time to get to know you as a person. The story is all about staying for the credits and really being willing to go deep and learn about who I am as a person, and not just the things that are portrayed online,” he shared with Billboard.
“I just hope that people can use the song as an escape. It can be one of those songs that just makes you feel good in the morning when you put it on in the car and you’re just kind of grooving out.”
Will he release more music?
“I’m kind of just gonna let ‘Stay for the Credits’ roll and see what it does. But you never know. I’m keeping it open. Not closing any doors,” he teased.
In just under a month, Malachi is heading back out on tour with several of his fellow Disney stars. Check out the dates and cities!
The post Malachi Barton Releases Debut Single ‘Stay for the Credits’ and Reveals the Inspiration Behind the New Song appeared first on Just Jared Jr..
0 Mga Komento